DSCRN INTERIM CONFERENCE: THE DEBT CRISIS IN THE EUROZONE (EZ): SOCIAL IMPACTS, 13-14 September 2012
- Nicholas Petropoulos (Coordinator), former Sociology Counselor of Pedagogical Institute, Sociologist, Athens, RN08 Advisor
- Murat Balamir, Prof. Emeritus, Dept. of City Planning, Middle East Technical University, Coordinator of RN08 (DSCRN) of the European Sociological Association
- Sotiris Chtouris, Prof. of Sociology, Director of the Laboratory for Social and Cultural Digital Documentation, Aegean University
- Maureen Fordham, Principal Lecturer in Disaster Management, School of Built & Natural Environment, Northumbria University, United Kingdom, RN08 Advisor
- George Tsobanoglou, Assoc. Prof. of Sociology, Director of the Sociology of Work Laboratory of Aegean University.
- Anastasia Zissi, Asst. Professor of Sociology, Aegean University.
- Local Members. Nicholas Petropoulos (Chair), RN08 Advisor, Athens, Greece; George Tsobanoglou, Assoc. Professor of Sociology, Director of the Sociology of Work Laboratory, Aegean University; and Andromache Myrogianni, Director of the Lesvos Chamber of Commerce.
- DSCRN Members: Nina Blom Andersen, Vice-Coordinator of DSCRN, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Communication, Business and Information Technology, Roskilde University, Roskilde, Denmark; Antti Silvast, Website Manager of DSCRN and Editor of the Network’s, Newsletter, Doctoral Candidate, Dept. of Social Research, University of Helsinki, Finland.
About the Aegean University-Lesvos
The University of the Aegean was officially founded in 1984. It has branches in six Greek islands of the Aegean Sea: Lesvos, Chios, Limnos, Samos, Rhodes and Syros. Its historical roots date back to the early 1920s. Aegean University is a descendant of the Ionian University, which was founded in 1920 by the Greek mathematician, Constantin Caratheodory (see bust in foreground, left picture) and operated for a short time in Ismir (Smyrna) before it had to terminate its operation after the Great Fire in Smyrna in 1922. The University of the Aegean at Lesvos has two Schools, the School of Social Sciences which includes the departments of Anthropology and History, Geography, Sociology and Cultural Technology and the School of Environment which includes the departments of Marine Sciences and Environment (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_the_Aegean and www.aegean.gr).